Friday, June 3, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #3



This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://backseatreader.net

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can.

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is...



Amy from BackseatReader

Well, hey howdy to all you PJV readers! My name is Amy (ArtsyBookishGal to some) and I’ve been blogging since 2003. Yup, I’m a pioneer of the blogosphere. Initially, I just wrote about my life, posted crappy digital pics of my hamster, and some bad poetry. Then it occurred to me that I could actually say something, so after a stint as an editor for a youth ministry website, I revamped my online image into what is now BackseatWriter.com, which focuses on all sorts of media—books, music, photography (the non-crappy kind), pop culture, and my thoughts on life, God, and whatever strikes my fancy. However, I started writing about books. A lot. My regular readers became annoyed, so I started my brand spankin’ new book blog called Backseat Reader (backseatreader.net).

A play off of Backseat Writer, Backseat Reader is dedicated to books, books, and more books in a variety of genres, including literary fiction, memoir, dystopian, fantasy (urban and other), Christian living (and a splatter of Christian fiction. Why are so many Christian fiction books about Amish people?), and a smidgen of the paranormal (I’m not a junkee for it, like some awesome people around here.) I adore the Harry Potter series, which jumpstarted my love of YA books, and I am on a crusade to inform people that Fred Weasley is not dead. I have a lifelong love of books that span across genres. These books include: Bridge to Terabithia, the Bunnicula series, The Jesus I Never Knew, Messy Spirituality, Bird by Bird, Harry Potter series, Speak, and anything by Eric Carle (come on, you know you love The Very Hungry Caterpillar).

When I’m not writing, reading, or blogging, I am exploring, photographing, playing, jumping in puddles, or sitting on the couch wishing I was more adventurous. I have two dogs Cassie the Peekapoo and Maddy the Shih Tzu as well as a bird named Kylie the Cockatiel. Yes, I am an animal person. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to learn a little bit about me and my blog! And join me in helping Parajunkee launch her 2012 Presidential campaign.

***Note from PJ - I have not officially announced my running for president. I'm still trying to decide if a Rational Anarchist ticket would fly. I'm thinking not...

** June 17th Feature spot open for anyone who can name what book that is from and define Rational Anarchist.

Q. What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.)

I would run away from both the zombies and Mel Gibson.

5 comments:

  1. Lol,,,Happy Friday,,New follower,,,run fast,,,
    have a great weekend..
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I am a new follower :)

    My FF for this week is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Mystery thrillers and romantic suspense are my favorite genres next to horror. Found you through the book hop and am now following you on GFC. I hope you can follow back also; I'd appreciate it so much ;-)

    ~Vanessa & Avalon @ Avalon Cat Cartoons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Mel Gipson run recently, so hopefully you'd be safe.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday.html

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I don't like Zombies or, for that matter, the new and unimproved Mel. So sad since he Is, rather WAS Jamie Fraser, big time. Hope you'll stop by, follow back, enter Jen Turner's giveaway and interview. She is great! <a href="http://fangswandsandfairydust.com”)> Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust</a>
    @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete